Our first Mayven Festival took place in Cornwall in July 2022 and was an extravaganza of comedy, cabaret, festivity and feminism, storytelling and silliness, celebrating the fact that Scary Little Girls has been going for 20 years and we are STILL going strong!
In partnership with Hall for Cornwall we brought over thirty female creatives to eleven venues for fifteen events – explore the programme here.
- It all started with our Artistic Director Rebecca Mordan In Conversation with Jane Claire discussing twenty years of Scary Little Girls, at Hall for Cornwall
- We ran three R&D days – Blue Moon by Fiona Graham, Joan Must Burn by Laura Wright, Sunday Lunch by Marie Macneil
- The 20th saw the Madcap Mayven Cabaret take over – and livestream from Penlee Park Theatre
- We presented a double bill with Dr Naomi Paxton as both herself and her alter-ego Ada Campe
- We shared tales about Mae West and Marilyn Monroe at our our Salons du Cinema at the The Old Bakery Studios and St Agnes Library respectively
- Our Mayven Exhibition ran from the 21st to 24th July at Fish Factory
- We held a magical afternoon of storytelling in the stunning surrounds of the Princess Pavilions quarry gardens
- We took Game On! our Cabaret Pub Quiz to Hall for Cornwall