Available now wherever you get your podcasts! The second of our Solstice Stories is Mayven Cherry (of Zennor) by Anna Mansell, read by Bobbie O’Callaghan, edited by Michael Hall and the music is by Kai Swarvett.
“Precocious. I remember the feeling when they said it … shame, deep in my bones. They used to say I just needed someone to put me back in my box, back in my pram. Do we ever call boys precocious?”
Solstice Stories is a podcast showcasing specially commissioned stories about Cornish heroines of witchery and myth.
These stories were performed from the stage, balcony and backstage hidey-holes of Cornwall’s most magical venue, the Minack Theatre on the Winter Solstice 2022 and they have now been recorded so you can enjoy them from the comfort of your cosy home.
Upcoming episodes include:
- Kate Rawson reading Shadow Sense by Lorna Partington
- Jo Tinsey reading Mayven Song by Bec Applebee
- Illona Linthwaite reading A Lot of Stuff Happens to Kitty Smith by Penny Rackett
- Rosie Hughes reading The Cat’s Mother by Anna Maria Murphy
- Amy Tweed reading Tin Whiskers by L.H. Trevail